Place Value Review

As part of our review of place value, Miss Fraser’s group created ‘What Number Am I?’ stories. Can you figure out what our numbers are?

Can you figure out our numbers? Write them in a commend below! What did we do well? What could we improve in our stories?

12 thoughts on “Place Value Review

1. Hi everyone,

What great clue you have created! I am going to share them with my maths class.

I think I have read the clues carefully and worked out Molly and Ebony C’s numbers. I think Molly’s is 78 631 and Ebony’s is 46 064. Am I right? If I am wrong, what is the correct number?

I have some clues for you to work out about my favourite number…

It is in the 2, 3 and 4 times table answers (making it a multiple of 2, 3 and 4).
    It is greater than 8 and less than 22.
    What is it?

Keep up the marvellous maths!

Miss Crowther 🙂

• Dear Miss Crowther,
      My number was certainly 46 064. Well done. I had a look at your clues & I think it might be 12 if wrong please correct me.
      By the way why is your favourite number 12?
      Thank you!
      -Ebony 🙂

2. Hi Frole Island,

I wanted to answer some of the numbers so below are the answers I think they are:

Ebony: 24 042
    Jamie: 11 111
    Anne-Marie: 96 321

And I didn’t get to the others sorry 🙁

From Tabitha

3. Hi Ebony C
    This is a really great idea. I think your number is 4042. I’d really like it if you got back to me please.
    Nikita
    Mount Annan Christian College

• Dear Nikita,
      I’m sorry but 4042 is not my number nice try though. Please guess again & I will tell you if you are right or wrong.
      Thank you!
      -Ebony

4. Hi class
    I think that what number am I was a really good activity to do, we got to have fun and it was a good way to have fun doing maths, have you done this at your school?
    If you did did you have fun or didnt you like it?

From Cailey