Students on Frole Island had their first taste of global projects during June. We paired up with Miss T’s class in New Zealand to complete a Monster Description Project.
Here’s what we did:
- Paired up in our class (as we have more than double the students that Miss T has!)
- Drew our own monsters
- Wrote a short description of what our monsters looked like
- Swapped our descriptions (but NOT our pictures) through Google Drive
- Drew eachother’s monster using the detail in the description
- Compared our original drawings to the ones drawn by our partners
The results were very interesting! Here are the descriptions that we wrote with our original drawings and the picture that our partners in New Zealand drew.
- Although sizzling starts have their place in narrative writings, writing about how horrible the monster is, wasn’t really helpful to those drawing our pictures
- Writing needs to be clear and precise so that others can generate the same picture in their heads that we started with
- When you leave out details, people can’t read your minds to know what you were thinking!
- Working with other classes is fun!
Don’t forget to check out 4KM & 4KJ’s project with Mr Avery!